The interest of the modern Western world on the wisdom of the ancient eastern Chinese herbal remedy as a complementary or alternative therapy is rising and becoming popular because of its holistic approach, emphasis on standard of living and prevention of illness by strengthening and restoring the body’s immune system.
Constructing a strong immune system is critical for your body to recognize and eliminate cancerous cells. Cancer is really a disease caused by uncontrolled defective cell division from damaged genes from any areas of the body. A weaker or impaired immunity improves your inclination towards various bacterial and virus infection, allergies, eczema, chronic fatigue, sickness and aging prematurely also.
Modern advanced technology and scientific research have helped to unlock the numerous preventive and healing secrets in Chinese herbs.
History of Ancient Herbal Remedy – Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) – is actually a mushroom widely used in traditional Chinese medicine and traditional Japanese medicine. In Japan it really is called Mannetake meaning ‘thousand year mushroom’.
Its Chinese name is Lingzhi which suggests “herb from the spirit”. It was a very rare and precious Chinese herb in ancient time and Emperors from the great Chinese dynasties and Japanese royalty drank teas and concoctions of Lingzhi for vitality and long life.
For more than 2000 years Reishi Spore Oil has been probably the most cherished and popular medicinal herb in Asia and rated among the superior herbs within the “Seng Nong’s Herbal Classic”, a 2000-years old medicinal Chinese book for:
* its efficacy for multiple diseases
* maintaining and restoring balance towards the body’s interdependent systems
* safety in long-term consumption without any unfavorable side-effects
* natural resistance in the body and longevity
The dried powder of reishi was fashionable as a cancer chemotherapy agent in ancient China. Research has revealed that reishi clearly demonstrated anticancer activity with cancer cells and has possible therapeutic potential being a health supplement for an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer.
Medicinal mushrooms like Ganoderma Lucidum (Reishi) and Cordyceps have well been documented in numerous recent research studies to be potent medicine to enhance and keep the body’s immune function from certain compounds within them like polysaccharides which increase the activity from the body’s natural killer cells(lymphocytes) that are vital to get rid of foreign cells(including cancer cells).
Supporting research reports published in the Journal of Alternative Complement Med. 2003, Journal of Cancer Integrative Medicine 2004, International Journal of Oncology 2004, FASEB 2004 showed that Freeze Dried Goji Berry Powder clearly:
* demonstrates anticancer activity in experiments with cancer cells
* protects the liver and improves liver functions
* has possible therapeutic potential being a health supplement for the alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer
Health Benefits of Reishi(Ganoderma Lucidum):
* supports the body’s own immunity mechanism by promoting the activity of antibodies
* improves the body’s resistance to stress and infections
* balances stress response
* reduces allergies
* promotes healthy liver function
* improves the body’s detoxifying process to off load toxins
* inhibits invasiveness of breast and prostate cancer cells
* supports a typical, restful sleep
* enhances vitality as well as
Suggestions to select the Best Reishi
* choose red reishi – it has the best extract and has most scientific evaluations
* choose individuals with cracked spores – which release the medicinal benefits and much better absorbed by body
* wood log cultivation – this determines the potency of hyazxb resulting fungus
* try to find Good Manufacturing Practice(GMP) standards – this ensures the steadiness of Agaricus Blazei Extract active bio-components harvested
* standardization of active constituents – the potency of reishi lies in their polysaccharides and triterpenes contents
Many commercial preparations are available, such as extracts, health supplement, tinctures, dried fruiting bodies, teas and teabags, tonics and pills.